In order to facilitate the work of the authors in submitting and following the articles, it is necessary to consider the following general principles in compiling the submitted article. The process of submitting, accepting and publishing an article in the Journal of Sport and Exercise Physiology is also shown in the guide flowchart.
Click here to access the authors guide
Instructions for authors
Submitting the Article:
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Physiology would consider both original research and review articles.
- Before submitting the article, authors must visit ORCID.org in order to receive the researcher ID (ORCID).
- Articles must exclusively be submitted through the journal system and also meet the Authors’ guideline.
- The Authors’ information file and the main article file should be submitted in “File type” section. In addition, commitment and conflict of interest forms should be read and filled in the check list letter to the editor.
- The cost of review an article is 1,000,000 Rials for normal review and 2,000,000 Rials for fast review, as well as the cost of preparation and printing is 1,000,000 Rials for normal review and 2,000,000 Rials for fast review. The costs must be deposited in two separate steps: before review and at the time of final acceptance of the article.
- Note: submitting the article or depositing the fees for reviewing does not guarantee the acceptance of the article. Until the acceptance certificate is issued, the article is not consider accepted and if the article is not accepted, the fees are not refundable.
Article Writing Instructions:
- The article text should be typed with Word version 2007 or later versions.
- Article text should be in
- a single column, A4 paper size, with line spacing 1 and a
- margin 2.5 in every direction.
- Persian font: B Nazanin; Font size of article title and all the titles in the main text: 16 bold, subtitles: 13 bold, body text of the article 12, title of tables and pictures: 10 bold, text of tables and pictures: 10.
- English font: Times New Roman;
- Article title and Abstract: 14 bold
- Abstract subtitles 10 bold, body text 10,
- tables and pictures titles and texts 9 bold, tables and pictures text: 9
- Avoid footnotes.
- Avoid using graphic pictures for equations and formulas. Instead use the format “Word equation”.
- If any standard abbreviations are used in the text, define them in the first use and then use the abbreviations. Avoid abbreviations in the title and the abstract. The text should be free of any spelling or typing errors and should meet all the editorial tips such as commas, half spaces and etc.
Authors’ information file:
- Full and short title of the article in Persian and English
- Authors’ full names with university address (Country, city, department Faculty, University, City, Country) in Persian and English.
- Determine the corresponding author with * sign and write the corresponding address.
Article main file:
- Article title in Persian and English.
- Abstract: in Persian and English including 200 to 250 words
- Use the following subsection title for abstract: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusion, key words (including 4-6 words that are not used in the title)
- Introduction: Mention the research variables and their relationship. Also specify the research gap, importance, necessity, and at the end assumptions/aims or research questions of the research should be mentioned.
- Methods: the following items should be included in this section:
- Experimental procedures: Exercise programs and data collections
- Statistical Analysis
- Results: Main data should be reported in the form of figures/graphs and secondary data should be reported in the form of table. Avoid interpretation of data and repeating data in different format.
- Discussion and conclusion: Present the research findings, compare them with literature and justify the findings. Mention the limitations and at the end draw the conclusions.
- Acknowledgment: Acknowledge the individuals who helped in the research and disclose any financial supports or conflict of interest.
- Use Vancouver referencing system and EndNote software
- At least two relevant articles published in the Journal of Sport and Exercise Physiology should be cited in the manuscript.
- The number of references should be limited to maximum of 40.
- Persian references must be written in English and labeled with “In Persian”
- Do not use dissertations/theses and conference articles in the references.
- In case of using the successive references, use dash between the first and the last No.
Hatami M, Rahmani H. Response of coagulation factors to different high intensity interval exercise protocols in young overweight men. Journal of Sport and Exercise Physiology 2021;14(1):1-8. [In Persian]
Baechle TR. Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2000, pp. 393–423.
Tables and graphs/figures:
- In the text, refer to the table, graphs/figures.
- The number of graphs/figures and tables must be consistent with the manuscript size.
- For the tables define the abbreviations below the table.
- Graphs/figures should not be in the form of image. Use excel software to draw the graphs in black and white, without any frame and any extra horizontal lines. Use the following format for table and graph
- Insert the table and graphs/figures in the text where they should be demonstrated.
- Format of the pictures must be JPG or GIF.