Document Type : original article
Introduction: the nutritional status of an athlete is a determinant factor of health, fitness and sports performance. The aim of this study was to investigate the nutritional knowledge, attitude and practice of men students athlete's in 2014, IR- university Games.
Methods: In this study, 330 student-athletes selected by purposeful selection and were evaluated by descriptive-survey method. Collecting data method was a KAP questionnaire that comprised 4 sections. In section one, the personal information of athlete's students and in the following sections, nutritional knowledge, attitude and practice was studied. Also for analysis of data one sample t-test, one way ANOVA and Pearson correlation coefficient were used. Results: The results showed that nutritional knowledge and attitude the men students athlete's low. but their nutritional practice was moderate. Also Nutritional knowledge, attitude and practice of men students athlete's were lower than normal.
(p < 0.05).Also, there was no significant difference between nutritional knowledge, attitude and practice on sport and academic levels (p > 0.05). In addition, there was a significant positive correlation between knowledge, attitude and practice (p < 0.05). Conclusion: This study showed that the nutritional knowledge, attitude and practice of men students athlete's in university games was moderate and low. So they need more theoretical and applied nutrition education.
- - اﻣﯿﺮ ﺳﺎﺳﺎن راﻣﯿﻦ، ﺟﻌﻔﺮی اﻓﺸﺎر، ﭘﻮررﺿﯽ ﺣﺴﻦ. (1392). ﺑﺮرﺳﯽ آﮔﺎﻫﯽ ،ﻧﮕﺮش وﻋﻤﻠﮑﺮد ﺗﻐﺬﯾﻪ و ﻋﻮاﻣﻞ ﻣﻮﺛﺮ ﺑﺮ آن در ورزﺷﮑﺎران ﻧﺨﺒﻪ اﺳﺘﺎن آذرﺑﺎﯾﺠﺎن ﺷﺮﻗﯽ.دوﻓﺼﻠﻨﺎﻣﻪ ﻋﻠﻮم ﺣﺮﮐﺖ اﻧﺴﺎن،ﻓﯿﺰﯾﻮﻟﻮژی ورزش وﻓﻌﺎﻟﯿﺖ ﺑﺪﻧﯽ.دوره ششم. شماره2.ص 885-903
- - شجاعی تهرانی (مترجم). (1372). درسنامه ی پزشکی پیشگیری و اجتماعی . انتشارات دانشگاه علوم پزشکی گیلان. صفحات 5و 48.
- -.Kreider R.B, et al.( 2010). ISSN exercise & sport nutrition review: research &recommendations. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 7:7
- - Lee, S.L. and S.H. Lee,(2015). Survey on Health-related Factors, Nutrition Knowledge and Food Habits of College Students in Wonju Area. Korean Journal of Community Nutrition20(2): p. 96-108.
- - Grete R, H., et al.( 2011)., Nutrition knowledge, practices, attitudes, and information sources of mid-american conference college softball players. Food and Nutrition Sciences,p.50-73.
- - Zawila L.G, et al.( 2003) .The Female Collegiate Cross-Country Runner: Nutritional Knowledge and Attitudes. J Athl Train, 38(1), 67–74.
- - Arazi, H. and R. Hosseini,(2012). A comparison of nutritional knowledge and food habits of collegiate and non-collegiate athletes. Sport Logia. 8(2): p. 100-107.
- - Gilis, J.T.et all.(2012), Nutrition Knowledge and Interest of Collegiate Athletes at a Division I University., Bowling Green State University.
- - Dunning A.N.et all.(2012). nutration knowledge and attitude of college athletes. The sport journal:15:234-240.
- - Nazni, P. and S. Vimala,et all.(2010). Nutrition knowledge, attitude and practice of college sportsmen. Asian journal of sports medicine,. 1(2): p. 93.
- - Supriya, V .and L. Ramaswami,(2013). Knowledge, attitude and dietary practices of track and field athletic men and women aged 18-22 years. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development,p. 53.
- - Azizi M, Donya Mali A, Tabari E.( 2012). Study of Prevalence of Supplement Use and Knowledge of Men National Team Rowers about Doping and Side Effects. World Applied Sciences Journal 17 (6): 724-728.
- - Rodriguez NR, Di Marco NM, Langley S.( 2009). American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Nutrition and athletic performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009 Mar;41(3):709-31.
- - Montecalbo, R.C. and R.C. Cardenas,(2015). Nutritional Knowledge and Dietary Habits of Philippine Collegiate Athletes. International Journal of Sports Science, 5(2): p. 45-50.
- - Pirouznia, M(2000), The correlation between nutrition knowledge and eating behavior in an American school: the role of ethnicity. Nutrition and health،
- - Williams M.Anderson D.Rawson E.(2012). Nutration for health, fitness & Sport : Tenth Edition. McGraw-Hill.pp.9-10.
- - Petroczi R, et al.( 2008). Nutritional supplement use by elite young UK athletes: fallacies of advice regarding efficacy. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition,5(1):22.
- - Dunn, D., L.W. Turner, and G. Denny,(2007). Nutrition knowledge and attitudes of college athletes. The Sport Journal 4-10.
- - Parmenter, K. and J. Wardle,( 1999). Development of a general nutrition knowledge questionnaire for adults. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 53(4): p. 298- 308.
- - Rosenbloom, C.A., S.S. Jonnalagadda, and R. Skinner, (2002). Nutrition knowledge of collegiate athletes in a Division I National Collegiate Athletic Association institution. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. P: 418-420.
- - Waly, M.I., H.A. Kilani, and M.S. Al-Busafi,(2013). Nutritional practices of athletes in Oman: a descriptive study. Oman medical journal, 28(5): p. 360.