Document Type : original article
University of Mohaghegh Ardabili
Purpose: Hydrogen sulfide an important role in the body's physiological functions. The aim of the present study was to survey on the effects of 4-week of the special aerobic training on CBS, SAM and H2S levels in hippocampus of Wistar male rats. Methods: Fourteen male Wistar rats (12 weeks old and weight 195 ± 20 g) were randomly divided into two groups including: control and aerobic training. Training group trained 5 days a week for 4 weeks (15 minutes at 10 m/min). ). CBS and SAM mRNA expression in hippocampus was measured by Real time-PCR techniqiue and the ELISA method was used to measure H2S. For data analysis, MANOVA and Eta and Omega squared tests were used to determine the effect size at 95% confidence level (p
- Reiffenstein R, Hulbert WC, Roth SH. Toxicology of hydrogen sulfide. Annual review of pharmacology and toxicology. 1992;32(1):109-34.
- Farrugia G, Szurszewski JH. Carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, and nitric oxide as signaling molecules in the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterology. 2014;147(2):303-13.
- Hosoki R, Matsuki N, Kimura H. The possible role of hydrogen sulfide as an endogenous smooth muscle relaxant in synergy with nitric oxide. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 1997;237(3):527-31.
- Sun L, Jin H, Sun L, Chen S, Huang Y, Liu J, et al. Hydrogen sulfide alleviates myocardial collagen remodeling in association with inhibition of TGF-Î²/Smad signaling pathway in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Molecular Medicine. 2014;20(1):503.
- Abe K, Kimura H. The possible role of hydrogen sulfide as an endogenous neuromodulator. Journal of Neuroscience. 1996;16(3):1066-71.
- Nagy P, Palinkas Z, Nagy A, Budai B, Toth I, Vasas A. Chemical aspects of hydrogen sulfide measurements in physiological samples. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-General Subjects. 2014;1840(2):876-91.
- Nogueira JE, Soriano RN, Fernandez RA, Francescato HD, Saia RS, Coimbra TM, et al. Effect of Physical Exercise on the Febrigenic Signaling is Modulated by Preoptic Hydrogen Sulfide Production. PloS one. 2017;12(1):e0170468.
- Wang B, Zeng J, Gu Q. Exercise restores bioavailability of hydrogen sulfide and promotes autophagy influx in livers of mice fed with high-fat diet. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 2017;95(6):667-74.
- Pan X, Zhang Y, Tao S. Effects of Tai Chi exercise on blood pressure and plasma levels of nitric oxide, carbon monoxide and hydrogen sulfide in real-world patients with essential hypertension. Clinical and Experimental Hypertension. 2015;37(1):8-14.
- Kilburn KH. Effects of hydrogen sulfide on neurobehavioral function. Southern medical journal. 2003;96(7):639-47.
- Bhambhani Y, Singh M. Physiological effects of hydrogen sulfide inhalation during exercise in healthy men. Journal of applied physiology. 1991;71(5):1872-7.
- Barros M, Bandy B, Tahara E, Kowaltowski A. Higher respiratory activity decreases mitochondrial reactive oxygen release and increases lifespan in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biophysical Journal. 2005:443A-A.
- Veeranki S, Tyagi SC. Role of hydrogen sulfide in skeletal muscle biology and metabolism. Nitric Oxide. 2015;46:66-71.
- Hu LF, Lu M, Hon Wong PT, Bian J-S. Hydrogen sulfide: neurophysiology and neuropathology. Antioxidants & redox signaling. 2011;15(2):405-19.
- Ali M, Ping C, Mok YY, Ling L, Whiteman M, Bhatia M, et al. Regulation of vascular nitric oxide in vitro and in vivo; a new role for endogenous hydrogen sulphide? British journal of pharmacology. 2006;149(6):625-34.
- Wu D, Hu Q, Liu X, Pan L, Xiong Q, Zhu YZ. Hydrogen sulfide protects against apoptosis under oxidative stress through SIRT1 pathway in H9c2 cardiomyocytes. Nitric Oxide. 2015;46:204-12.
- Hu LF, Wong PTH, Moore PK, Bian JS. Hydrogen sulfide attenuates lipopolysaccharideâinduced inflammation by inhibition of p38 mitogenâactivated protein kinase in microglia. Journal of neurochemistry. 2007;100(4):1121-8.
- Johansen D, Ytrehus K, Baxter GF. Exogenous hydrogen sulfide (H 2 S) protects against regional myocardial ischemiaâreperfusion injury. Basic research in cardiology. 2006;101(1):53-60.
- Zhang Y, Li H, Zhao G, Sun A, Zong NC, Li Z, et al. Hydrogen sulfide attenuates the recruitment of CD11b+ Gr-1+ myeloid cells and regulates Bax/Bcl-2 signaling in myocardial ischemia injury. Scientific reports. 2014;4.
- Katsouda A, Bibli S-I, Pyriochou A, Szabo C, Papapetropoulos A. Regulation and role of endogenously produced hydrogen sulfide in angiogenesis. Pharmacological research. 2016;113:175-85.
- Zagaar M, Alhaider I, Dao A, Levine A, Alkarawi A, Alzubaidy M, et al. The beneficial effects of regular exercise on cognition in REM sleep deprivation: behavioral, electrophysiological and molecular evidence. Neurobiology of disease. 2012;45(3):1153-62.
- Tang Z, Wang Y, Zhu X, Ni X, Lu J. Exercise Increases Cystathionine-Î³-lyase Expression and Decreases the Status of Oxidative Stress in Myocardium of Ovariectomized Rats. International heart journal. 2016;57(1):96-103.
- Gu Q, Wang B, Zhang X-F, Ma Y-P, Liu J-D, Wang X-Z. Contribution of hydrogen sulfide and nitric oxide to exercise-induced attenuation of aortic remodeling and improvement of endothelial function in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Molecular and cellular biochemistry. 2013;375(1-2):199-206.
- Wu D, Lu Z, Li M, Feng Z, Liu A, Jin D, et al. Treadmill exercise increases cystathionine Î³-lyase expression and decreases inflammation in skeletal muscles of high-fat diet-induced obese rats. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2016;9(12):23119-26.
- He X-l, Yan N, Zhang H, Qi Y-w, Zhu L-j, Liu M-j, et al. Hydrogen sulfide improves spatial memory impairment and decreases production of AÎ² in APP/PS1 transgenic mice. Neurochemistry international. 2014;67:1-8.
- Liang KY, Mintun MA, Fagan AM, Goate AM, Bugg JM, Holtzman DM, et al. Exercise and Alzheimer's disease biomarkers in cognitively normal older adults. Annals of neurology. 2010;68(3):311-8.